The Mama Alchemy Shelf
At Alchemy's core, the cosmos is fitted into three spiritual substances, Sulfur, Salt and Mercury. Together they are known as the Tria Prima, The Three Primes. The Alchemists also believed that all matter was composed of the four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. These four elements were considered the building blocks of all matter. With the correct combination of elements, it was theorized that any substance on earth could be formed. Finally, belief in the connection between the seven metals with the 'seven planets' reaches back into ancient history. The link between man, the earth-bound metals and the wider cosmos has long ago been established. Gold has always been associated with the Sun, and Silver, with The Moon. The seven metals and their planetary and astrological correspondences are important in many aspects of alchemy and modern energy workings.
Carefully and cleanly carved into the base of the Alchemy Shelf are symbols for the following:
- GOLD dominated by The Sun
- SILVER dominated by The Moon
- COPPER dominated by Venus
- IRON dominated by Mars
- TIN dominated by Jupiter
- MERCURY (quicksilver) dominated by Mercury
- LEAD dominated by Saturn
- 6-Tier Option: This shelf has six usable levels to place your crystals, minerals and other treasures. The space at the peak of the shelf measures approximately 5.25" in usable height. The remaining shelves have a usable space that measure from 1.25" (this space is ideal for small tumbled stones) on up to 4.5" (which is great for larger display pieces).
- 7-Tier Option: This shelf has seven usable shelf levels to place your crystals, minerals or other treasures. The space at the peak of the shelf is ideal for a small crystal point. The remaining shelves have a usable space that measure from 1" (this space is ideal for small tumbled stones) on up to 4.3" (which is great for larger display pieces).
The back panel has been branded with the Stone & Violet logo. A sawtooth hanger has been preinstalled for wall display, however this design can also be displayed resting on a shelf, table or mantle. Rubber bumpers have been placed on the lower two corners for shelf balance and leveling.