Noctua - Signed Art Print
"Little Owl Constellation"
- Artist: Lauren Gray
- Hand signed, titled and dated in pencil on lower front corner, in border.
- Giclee reproduction print on archival matte finish paper.
- Small white border surrounds the image.
- 8" x 10" total print size.
- Print only. Framing not included.
Noctua, "Little Owl Constellation" is made up of six small stars in the tail of the sea-serpent constellation Hydra. The origins of the constellation are unknown, but an image of it appears in the American astronomer Elijah Burritt's "Atlas", part of his "Geography of the Heavens". Noctua is the species name of the Little Owl, Athene Noctua. The genus name comes from Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom.
The owl is a symbol of the feminine, the moon and the night. A creature of darkness, magic, prophecy and wisdom. As a spirit animal, the owl guides you to see beyond the veil of deception and illusion, it helps to bring light to what has been hidden. When the owl is one of your power animals, you have a strong intuition and can access information and wisdom that is usually hidden to most.