The House of Apothecary Shelf
Please allow up to 7 business days for your House of Apothecary Set to leave the studio. Thank you.
NEW! The Stone & Violet House of Apothecary Shelf! Perfect for your special medicinal or magical herbs, incense or aromatherapy oils. The peak of the shelf was designed to house a small Mortar & Pestle and Cast Iron Cauldron (not included) and a variety of sizes of the classic Muth Jar. Full nail construction makes for a rock solid and secure shelf. Attention to detail at every step of the hand crafted process gives you a polished and finished display. Hanging hardware pre-installed so your shelf is ready for immediate wall display. Handmade in Pennsylvania!
- Total Exterior Dimensions: 30" tall. 15.25" tall. 3.25" deep.
- The lowest shelf is your largest space, it measures 8" of usable height.
- Second shelf from the bottom measures 6.5" of usable height.
- Third shelf from the bottom measures 5.25" of usable height.
- Peak of shelf measures 6.5" of usable space (to highest point).
- Usable depth of all shelf levels is approximately 3".
JAR DETAILS & SIZING:
The Stone & Violet shelf was crafted to house our favorite old time cork topped Apothecary Jars. The "Muth Jar" is a heavy, square glass jar that is a reproduction of the original 19th century jar developed by Charles F. Muth of Cincinnati, Ohio for fresh honey. Embossed on one face of the jar is a skep beehive, the jar capacity in liquid ounces and the words "Pure Honey". The remaining three faces of the square jar are smooth glass.
The top shelf (beneath the peak) fits up to seven "Small" jars. This size jar is ideal for resin, powdered herbs or finely cut dried herbs. Small bottles measure 4.25" tall (not including cork).
The middle shelf fits up to six "Medium" jars. This size is ideal for smaller portions of less bulky dried herbs and flowers or incense cones. Medium bottles measure approximately 5.25" tall (not including cork),
The lower shelf fits up to five "Large" jars. This size is great for larger portions of dried herbs, leaves, palo santo sticks or incense cones. Large bottles measure approximately 6.75" tall (not including cork).
- Shelf + 9 EMPTY Jars: This is ideal if you would like to display a mix of items, such as oil bottles or crystals along with your jars. You will receive 3 EMPTY Small jars, 3 EMPTY Medium jars and 3 EMPTY Large jars.
- Shelf + 18 EMPTY Jars: This is the choice for those who intend to use the shelf exclusively for herbs, resins, incense, etc. You will receive 7 EMPTY Small jars, 6 EMPTY Medium jars and 5 EMPTY Large jars.
No herbs on hand? Below are packages with a nice starter array of aromatic herbs/wood/flowers.
- Shelf + 9 FILLED Jars: You will receive the house shelf PLUS 9 jars. 3 Small Jars filled with one each of Red Sandalwood, Peppermint and Cedar. 3 Medium Jars filled with one each of Calendula, Lavender Buds and Lemongrass. 3 Large Jars, filled with one each of Rose Buds, Palo Santo and White Sage.
- Shelf + 9 FILLED Jars and 9 Empty Jars: You will receive the house shelf PLUS 18 Jars. 9 jars will be filled with the same combination of herbs marked in the option above. The remaining jars will be empty so that you may add your own magical incense, herbs, etc. In total, you will receive 7 Small Jars, 6 Medium Jars and 5 Large Jars, all with corks.
RECOMMENDED ADD ONS:
Cauldron & Mortar and Pestle. As shown at the peak of the shelf.
Incense Cones. Ideal for the Medium size bottles. Each Medium jar can hold approximately 3 boxes of incense cones (total 30 cones).